Sign in to follow this  
Guest Snake122

Flight Sim LAN for NE Indiana and surronding area

Guest Snake122

I've pitched it to my bosses and they all think it's a great idea so I'm hoping now that I've built it, you'll come :D August 21nd at Auburn, IN airport (07c) starting a 800. There are no fees for the meet. It is also the weekend of our airport fly in and open house so if we stay up all Saturday night, there will a pancake breakfast waiting for us :D The EAA's B-17 will be here for tours and rides and yours truly will be offering introductory flying lessons for $50. I'm working on possibly giving away a intro lesson for the winner of a dogfighting competition (sim yet to be determined). I'll see what I can do about other prizes. I plan on inviting any flight sim guys that want to come, because even though we have our favorite sim, I think everybody plays more than one sim and we could have fun all meeting each other and hanging out. Plus there'll be RL pilots to swap stories with and flight instructors for answers on how things work in RL.Please email me at matt@victoryfbo.com if your interested so I can get an estimate of the number of people attending. Also list your primary sim and any others you own that you would like to LAN along with what type of LAN conection you'd use (wireless or wired) and if you can supply a hub, switch, or router. I should have my home cockpit there as well, it out at: http://sapphire.indstate.edu/~medwards11/cockpit.htmI hope you guys come because I'm pretty excited about it! If anybody outside the local area wants to travel here, there are some interesting local attractions. The airport itself has the Hoosier Air Museum on the field. It has some interesting aircraft, including an AH-1 Cobra. There is the World War 2 Victory museum just down the road that has "150 vehicles, hundreds of uniforms and weapons, and numerous personal items from World War II." For car lovers, there is the Kruse Automotive & Carriage Museum that is co-located with the WW2 museum and downtown Auburn also has the Auburn, Cord, Duesenberg museum in the original factory with 100 cars. Of course, Fort Wayne is just a short drive down Interstate 69 as well.