Sign in to follow this  
dmiannay

Starting PMDG 777/NGX from FXML File Fails in P3Dv3

I posted this in the PMDG forum, but there were no takers, so I'm cross posting here after it was suggested I do so. 

First off, I am not claiming that this is a bug.  Right now this is just a problem I am having with PMDG products in P3Dv3, and it is definitely possible it's something specific to my setup.

In my previous environment using P3Dv2.5 I would typically start the sim by double-clicking a stored situation file (.fxml) so that the aircraft would load at the airport/gate I desired to initiate my flight from.  I began doing this since starting from the .fxml file used less total VAS than starting a flight from within the Scenario Setup screen.  This worked perfectly every time with PMDG aircraft as well as many others..

Now, when I try doing this with the PMDG 772 or 737NGX in P3Dv3, it fails.  Default aircraft load from a saved fxml file just fine, but when I try and start from a saved PMDG aircraft .fxml file, the sim begins to load, then fails to the desktop with no notifications.  Then I need to go into the Task Manager to "end task" on the Prepar3D.exe process since it's still loaded.  I have tried many different variations of this and it fails in this way every time when using either the PMDG 772 or 737 NGX.

Added Note:  If I start P3Dv3 normally, then load the saved situation file, it loads correctly every time.  But again, when I go to file explorer and double-click the saved situation file, P3Dv3 fails to the desktop and I have to stop the process.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!