Sign in to follow this  
Guest yarvelling

My 747-400 Can't Fly From KLAX to VHHH (Hong Kong) HELP!!!

Guest Grayfox

Hey I'm flying the Soar Airlines 747-400 from FS9. When I try to do a direct GPS flight with full fuel from Los Angelas Intl. (KLAX) to Hong Kong Intl. (VHHH) the flight planner gives me an estimated fuel burn of 64,290.6 gallons. This of course is ridiculous as the 744 only carries around 57,000 gallons of fuel.I have a few Opensky and Posky 747-400's in my system as well, I don't use them because they don't have 3D cockpit views or complete 2D views. However, when I do a direct GPS with them I get an estimated fuel burn of 41,647.4 gallons. Completely feasable.I even tried to copy and paste the Opensky and Posky 744 aircraft.cfg's to the default Soar Airlines aircraft.cfg and I get 69,086.5 gallons of fuel burn. That made it even worse.So then I tried playing around with the original Soar Airlines aircraft.cfg keeping the same geometry specs and payloads but changing the engine specs to the more realistic Opensky specs thinking this might solve my problem. Instead I was getting an estimated fuel burn of 78,893.2 gallons!What in the world is up with the default 747-400 that can't fly from KLAX to VHHH without having to refuel! In real life a 744 is fully capable of the flight and so are the Opensky planes why can't the default 747-400 do it too!Someone please help I want to do a none stop flight from KLAX to VHHH but I want to use the default aircraft because they have the 2D side views and the 3D cockpit view. But I don't want to change my realistic settings to have unlimited fuel, thats stupid I want to keep it as real as possible.Can someone please help me, has anyone experienced this UNREALISTIC fuel burn with their original 747-400's!?!?!?!THANK YOU IN ADVANCE!!!

Guest xtremdav45

Hmm, my only idea is to edit the weight in the default 744 and see if that makes a difference in fuel burn.

Guest yarvelling

Don't fly the default 747 too often, but I did take a trip from KDFW (Dallas Fort Worth) to Hong Kong, VHHH, and left the fuel load at 100%. The flight took me NW across the US, over western Alaska and over the Beiring sea, and then arcing down across the easternmost Russia, across northern Japan, and finally down over eastern China and into Hong Kong. That was using the default FS flight-plan generator...I may try it again and use FS Build to get a more accurate route. However, the 747 - default but in a Cathay Pacific skin, made the distance with no problem at all and touched down Chek Lap Kok safely :)So, as my flight was probably a bit longer, you should not have any problems.....