Sign in to follow this  
tatfsn

Learjet Nosegear Steering

First of all, I'm over the moon with the Lear 35.   It's a masterpiece--one of the two or three best addons that I've

ever purchased in over twenty years as a Flight Simulator enthusiast. :dance:

I'm still only scratching the surface of flying this Learjet (by far most authentically modeled for FS), and am still in the

process of learning the bird.   For me, the first step for a new FS plane is mastering the hand flying part.     I'm

just now getting the hang of the best takeoff and landing technique for this aircraft. 

During approach, you definitely have to plan your flap/gear extensions, and well in advance, in order to nail Vref in

time and not go off the end of the shorter runways, and to stop in a respectable distance.   And as has been noted,

she's well overpowered; one has to pay close attention on climbout and be on those power settings so as to not bust

the 250 kt limit below 10,000 feet.   Otherwise that will happen in no time; this baby wants to go fast.

Right now my biggest challenge is getting the nosegear steering re-engaged on landing rollout; I hate having

to stop on the runway in order to find and click the white button on the pedestal (I don't have Track IR or the

like and have no plans on purchasing it).   

I'm aware that you can map the function to the tailhook command, but I have no idea how to do it, and I imagine

that there must be an easier way.

Could anyone offer some suggestions?

Thanks in advance. 

steering.jpg

• map it to your tailhook command. Menu>Options>Settings>Controls>Buttons and Keys

tailh.jpg

• Upvote 1

RobdeVries.jpg