Sign in to follow this  
Guest Peter Wilding

Developement Help WANTED with CLOUDS

Guest Peter Wilding

Hi to all,I'm looking for some help to manipulate clouds in memory and other files like the halo etc.If anyone out there thinks they have the skill or knowledge to find ways to move, manipulate or swap these files I'm very interested to know.I did have one guy who said he could do this but that was several months ago now and he delivered NOTHING. A lot of promis and a lot of hot air.I've got some really good ideas of how this can work to imporve our environment but so far I'm comming up with blanks.Please reply to my private email if possible to p.wilding@btopenworld.com Thanks,

>>I did have one guy who said he could do this but that was>several months ago now and he delivered NOTHING. A lot of>promis and a lot of hot air.>Wow, not sure that bodes well for prospective team members after that sentence.Also, you might try one of the Scenery Forums Avsim has here, and try advertising in one of those. That is ususally where developer folks hang out, so to speak.Scenery Design Forumhttp://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=show_topics&forum=123Add-On Developers Forumhttp://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=show_topics&forum=204

CryptoSonar on Twitch & YouTube. 

Guest Peter Wilding

Thanks Sonar,The only reason I make the comment, which you say may not bode well is because it's my honest feeling having been let down by false promis. I want to avoid that having wasted time commiting to people who have no intention of helping just wasting time.One example is related to somebody I knew for a while back some 5 years. This guy says; who I knew for some years and considered a friend, that he can increase data packet transfer. So I trust him and raise a lot of interest from investors and gave up my day job to this end. Having spent ages of time and money and lost oppertunity it turns out after trying for years to get the project underway, with Mr "I know it all" whizz kid; pursuading me he has it all in his head, know how I mean.Several times I have to find more investors cos they loose interest by I keep my trust in this guy. Eveyone says to me don't trust him he is bullcraping you. But I think better of it and put my trust in him and find more investors. Afterall sounds to good to be true.Cut the crap Peter; LOL and the point is I have learned that there is nothing wrong in saying prove it and I don't trust you. Prove it.What I'm saying here also is I can't afford to waste time and I've already had one so called whiz kid come to me that I have given loyal commitment to this past 2 months waiting and waiting for him to do anything other than talk or give excuses why he can't do it now.So I give him more time and the result is I just waste the oppertunity to get anything done. Maybe it buys him time to do what I'm threatening to do before he does what he wants to shaft me? Who knows but here I am again trusting somebody when they say they can do it only to find nothing is delivered but everything is promised.So to try and short cut this route of being conned I want to start of honest and direct and hope any genuine person with some ability can see I'm also genuine straight talking and 100% honest and prepared to deliver my end.My end will be financially rewarding to all parties working with me. It will I hope deliver something the community wants and sees as valuable. I certainly hope so cos business is about mutual benefit. Conning is about a one sided benefit and that's not me. I want no part of that and in particular I don't want to be on the recieving end of this again and again. It seems to me a lot of developers aren't developers but guys with egos trying to pretend they can do things. It happens to me all the time. I don't know why. Some kind of karma? Lessons to be learned?It stikes me Sonar very odd cos this time waster I've been foolish enough to get involved with in the past couple of months hates you and has said so to me. He says that he phoned you up and told you so. Well I doubt that that is true but I will say this you strike me as a very honest person.I'm trying to avoid any more con men even considering to approach me and for me to be direct and ask if there is anyone out there who wants to try and make something exciting happen.My hope is my strong opening statement will not put off any genine guys/girls but will scare off any more nonsense.thanks,

You Wrote:It stikes me Sonar very odd cos this time waster I've been foolish enough to get involved with in the past couple of months hates you and has said so to me. He says that he phoned you up and told you so. Well I doubt that that is true but I will say this you strike me as a very honest person.Hi Peter,Not sure who you are talking about but I can assure you I have not talked to anyone from here that had bad words with me, or any negative comments over the phone. NONE. ZERO, NADA, NILCH. :-)I don't know how someone can hate another that they have never met. Seems kind of shallow to me. I don't hate anyone. I don't agree with certain people's integrity and hypocrisy issues, but hate. Nope. If someone said that they talked on the phone to me and had negative words, they are lying through their teeth, and yes, should not be trusted, in my opinion.Feel free to email or message me, since I would love to find out who is lying since it involves me. You've perked my interest. :-)My only point above was really a subtle suggestion only that you may want to consider just listing what you were looking for, and not a bad experience with a prior team member who didn't work out. As far as scaring off non-experienced personnel, I suggest you list out specific objectives or experience you would like the team member to have.Such as(only example):1) Worked for prior developer2) have 2-3 verifiable references from people within the industry and can be verified.3) examples of specific work that the person has done on projects.4) Specific code experience, and written code examples not attributed to others.etc.....List it up front in the dev or design forums, that way one of two things may happen. 1) you will find the person you are seeking.2) Someone will refer you a lead that will work out, or pass on your post to experienced persons.Don't feel bad about being burned in business, it happens to many. You can recover, but it's the way you approach it. Don't dwell on the failure, concentrate on what you are trying to achieve.Also if others you trust say don't trust someone, you may want to evaluate the risk in bucking that trend. Trust is earned, and it's nice to give people chances in business, but if a person has past trends in business, there is a strong possibility they will continue on in the same path, and that is not good for your business.Anyway, I'm sending you an email. I look forward to your response.Regards,Joe

CryptoSonar on Twitch & YouTube. 

Guest DreamFleet

Hi Peter,I just sent you an e-mail also, it should prove quite entertaining, although very accurate. ;-)Long time no speak, my good man, and I did enjoy that time we spent chatting with F1's Tom Main in our suite at the Savoy, London, way back when.Ahhhh.... the good old days! :-)Regards,http://www.dreamfleet2000.com/gfx/images/F...R_FORUM_LOU.jpg

Guest panda234

Good luck with your project Peter! Seems clouds are always the big frame rate killer and if you can pull something off we'll all be happier.billg

Guest Peter Wilding

Thanks guys,Had some responses that are good. I'll keep you informed.My mehod of making contact Sornar is doing just fine. Some good guys have come forward and there be no bullcrap as far as the horse can see. Looking great from here.Thanks Lu, good to talk today.Peter