Sign in to follow this  
Guest paddy

Has anyone seen an unidentified flying object ?

One thing I can tell you is that in both the aviation and shipping industries - two businesses where well trained and well educated professionals are awake, well rested and keeping a good look-out in day time or in the dark, often in areas where there are few or no other people, UFO sightings are *strictly* the subject of bar room and off-duty chat only. This is not the result of any great government conspiracy, merely that being known at head office as "The guy that thought he saw a flying saucer" (Which is what they mentally file it as even if you just report lights behaving strangely) is a flat-out career killer.As a cadet *some* years ago I sailed with a Chief Officer who had, 10 years before, along with his enlisted lookout, officially reported getting a clear look in early dusk at a UFO that came within a mile or so of his ship. Despite a clean record and good reports, he never made Captain.The lights I posted earier that I watched did NOT go in the log. Richard

Guest flyhi

Yarvelling, Thanks for posting/partcipating."Nikolas...I'm sorry but, you're not making much sense here....with virtualy every reply to your topic you keep on stating the same things: that when an unidentified flying object is identifed as such, it is no longer 'unidentified'...and then ask for more posts...."You've already had one very good example given by the ex-naval chap who saw odd lights jinking around the clouds, but give no reaction, yet argue every other post in the ways given above in my first paragraph...are you just trying to get people here to publish their accounts with the intention to ridicule them? I don't see any constructive discussion with other posters here."Yarvelling, I think you are a bit confused here. Why ? 1st. Reading all posts you can understand that i had to make it clear What an unknown flying object is and what an unidentified flying object is. And this is important becouse is The second what i am looking for. These kind of posts i want. Seems like some people can not understand it - so i had to make it clear.2nd. When people post in a topic which i have created i have to respect them and answer back. I can not and i do not like to ignore people. Of course there is a limit and i placed this limit as you can read to an earlier post of mine.3rd. When people talk about such things is very good to let them talk themselves, let them say as much of details as they feel like. You can not force people. You can not push them. It's their experience, their life, they have their own reasons for placing a limit at the point they want. Read the second post of the ex-naval chap and you'll understand what i am talking about. I can not force people to talk about a unique experience in public just becouse i created this topic. If someone wants to say more he/she can do it by him/herself either here or in private - as you can read in another post - via email.4th. When answering by writing it's really much easier not to write the same things twice or three times. So what you say is :look at what i've written before. Whats bad with this ???5th. I do not arque with people - even with people that do not sign with their names their opinions - or keep on to the same things which (in fact) have to do nothing with this topic. You do the same as well. Read yr topic. Half of it has not to do anything with the subject of the topic. DO i arque with you ? Opposite i am very polite as i am with everyone. Seems like most of the people who post in here feel the need to talk about many things in general (like you do in your half post as well). It's ok, but out of the subject of the topic, so do not blame me if "you don't see any constructive discussion with other posters here". And further more, it's up to you, all of you participating in here to make such a discussion becouse that's what a discussion is. I can give the subject, which i did. I tryed to place a limit as well. But not many things more, otherwise it would be a monolog.RegardsNikolas Vegas/Athens/Hellas

Guest flyhi

Hello Richard. Thanks for posting once again.Always interesting, always welcomed in this topic.Regards, nikolas.

Guest paddy

Civilizations within the UniverseScience estimates, that about 1 million planets have developed being the home of a civilization much more superior than ours, since the Universe was created 13.5 billion years ago.Speaking about UFO's, there is an interesting site to be found at the adress www.UFOcenter.comPaddy.

Guest flyhi

Thank you Paddy,Have a nice day - nikolas.

Guest paddy

>Thank you Paddy,>Have a nice day - nikolas.You are welcome. Nikolas!Enjoy that interesting website and as you will see UFO-sightings go on and on...Paddy.