Sign in to follow this  
Teddy

ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger & Saitek X52 Pro

Using the ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger with Skylake 6700K & GTX970 with Win 7 64bit

Tried installing the Saitek X52 Pro and have the following issues :

During installation, after prompting for the controller to be connected, the driver installer hangs.  There is no choice but to force shutdown the driver installer.  With the lights on the controller on, it seems as though the controller is installed and on checking from devices and printers all the movements are active.  However, when shutting down the system, it get stuck indefinitely at the windows "shutting down" page.  I have no choice but to force shutdown the system.  When I restart with the system with the contoller connected, windows get stuck at the windows logo screen.  The only way to start and stop windows normally is to disconnect the controller.

Apart from this, there are strange things happening when the controller is connected.  At times the mouse does not respond (wireless mouse) and sometimes the system does not connect to the internet (wireless card installed in the system).

After looking around for a solution, I found that one needs to disable the xHCI option in the BIOS of the mobo.  However, the option available in this bios is "xHCI hand-off" enabled or disabled.  Currently this is disabled.  But this obviously is not working for me.

I dont know if I have missed something.  Any help will be appreciated.

Regards

Teddy

PMDG_737ngx_proud_own1_378x68.jpg ftx_supporter_avsim.gif