Sign in to follow this  
dfreemanfso

P3D V3.1 Fatal Error PMDG T7

Good evening all.  I posted this topic in the P3D forum but wanted to double tap PMDG as well.  I know this is long and I am hoping it’s something stupid on my part, but I can’t seem to lock down this issue.  In the meantime I’m going to install another third party aircraft and see if I have the same problem.  That will help me determine if this issue is strictly with PMDG…

Background:

In order to install P3D V3.1, I deleted all P3D V.2 software and associated add-ons from my hard drive.  I left FSX on the hard drive \K as a backup so I could still fly if I had issues with P3D.  I did delete all of my FSX add-ons in order to leave space on my hard drive for P3D.  I ran P3D V2.5 with the same add-ons on the same system with no issues besides OOMs which are to be expected.

Problem:

I installed P3D V3.1 on about 3 JAN.  I installed the ORBX products, REX, and ASN in the days following.  I flew quick flights with several default aircraft out of a few different default airports to test ORBX, REX, ASN etc. prior to installing the updated PMDG 777 product – no significant issues noted.  After installing the PMDG 777 I loaded the airplane from the main menu, ensured error logging was turned off in P3D, and ran the Simconnect .msi installers in specified P3D folders in accordance with PMDG’s guidance.  The PMDG aircraft will sit on the runway for as long as I want it to and all of the systems work fine (buttons knobs etc).  However, about one to two minutes after takeoff, P3D has a fatal error (see log).  The error always occurs at the same time. The fatal error occurs with or without ASN running, at different airports, and different weather conditions; I have not tested with default weather textures.  The airplane performs fine in flight with no systemic issues prior to the fatal error:

System

- Provider

[ Name]  Application Error

- EventID 1000

[ Qualifiers]  0

Level 2

Task 100

Keywords 0x80000000000000

- TimeCreated

[ SystemTime]  2016-01-07T21:35:48.000000000Z

EventRecordID 24459

Channel Application

Computer Dave-PC

Security

- EventData

Prepar3D.exe

5672b60a

sim1.dll

5672b60a

c0000005

000cafa4

12b8

01d149924c58740a

K:\P3D Main\Prepar3D.exe

K:\P3D Main\sim1.dll

9d9f5ec1-b586-11e5-9607-00268317052a

Possibilities that I don’t know how to fix:

Did something not get deleted properly from P3D V.2 that is causing a conflict?

Registry errors?

Is there an issue with installing al my P3D V3.1 and associated add-ons direct to my K drive and not C/Program Files (x86)?

Graphics card drivers?

P3D settings?  (I have not touched the .cfg)

PMDG settings? (I haven’t altered anything from the original download through the ops center)

Hardware:
Win 7-64 English

i7 26K OC to 4.3GHz

ASUS P8P64 MOBO
8GB DDR3/1600 memory
GTX 780 Driver 347.88

232 GB SSD for P3D/FSX and supporting software

111 GB SSD for Windows and small programs
3 monitor with TH2G

Software:

P3D V3.1 Installed in separate drive K/P3D

ORBX Global Base Installed in K/

ORBX Global Vector installed in K/

ORBX Trees Installed in K/

REX Texture Direct with Soft Clouds and P3D V.3 service pack

Active Sky Next with SP4 Beta for P3D V.3

No add-on Airports

Norton Internet Security

PMDG 777 base pack (No add-on liveries installed) with the latest PMDG installer as of 05 JAN 16.  PMDG Operations Center is also up to date.

Thanks,

David C. Freeman

Lawton, OK USA

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Update - I had the same error with the Airbus X, so I don't consider this a PMDG issue.  If you have any ideas let me know...time to wipe everything and reinstall one at a time  :mad: