Sign in to follow this  
CTBlankenship

Microsoft LifeChat LX-3000 not showing in FSFDT Control Panel

NEVER MIND:  Problem resolved ... the LX-3000 was showing up in FSFDT as Wave-Modem #3 Line Record and Wave - Modem #3 Line Playback.  Really screwy that that was the problem.

Problem:  I cannot receive or transmit voice using my Microsoft LifeChat LX-3000 headset/mic. 

When I enter the FSFDT Control Panel (Voice | VATSIM selected) ... the Microphone and Headset combo boxes do not show this USB device.  

Closer inspection in Device Manager (in the Sound, video and game controllers section) in fact does display the Microsoft LifeChat LX-3000 peripheral and it is operating properly.

So, my question is why would FSFDT Control Panel not recognize the headset?

Also, when I go to the VATSIM | Key mappings section, for the FS PTT Joystick Button I am able to assign Button7 to that function using the Set button and pressing Button7 on the joystick.

To test the microphone I entered Sound Recorder and it is working properly as I can record an audio file.

Entering the Sound dialog and setting Playback to the LX-3000, then, playing a windows sound shows the earphones are working.

Finally, I'm using Norton Security and the FSFDT Control Panel, FSInn Application and FSInnUI are all assigned "Allow" as an Access setting.

Stumped,

Charles T. Blankenship