Sign in to follow this  

FTX Global installer asking to insert disk #1

I have just built a brand new computer from scratch and now I am trying to use FSX Steam Edition with ORBX because my boxed version of FSX won't install for some reason. And I have already attempted to install my FSX Boxed edition, and realizing it didn't work, I just uninstalled it from my computer. And I tried running the FTX Global installer but it asked me to insert disk #1, and I thought it meant to insert disk #1 of the FSX Boxed edition, so I inserted disk #1 and sure enough, nothing happened that would work, So then what I did was I tried to do a thorough uninstall of every FSX file I had, FSX Boxed and FSX Steam Edition, then I ran 3 different registry cleaners (FS Registry Repair, CCleaner, and AVG) and I tried that, installed FSX Steam Edition and the same problem occurred. And maybe something to include is that in the beginning of the installation it asked me to install it parallel with FSX Boxed even though I had removed it from my computer. And I know that there are likely no registry path problems. 

Thanks a lot!

And I tried running the FTX Global installer but it asked me to insert disk #1, and I thought it meant to insert disk #1 of the FSX Boxed edition, so I inserted disk #1 and sure enough, nothing happened that would work,

Hello

This error happens because you are running the installer from within the ZIP file package.

You cannot install any ORBX addon or for that matter any zipped installer from the original ZIP file.

You have to extract the content to a temporaty folder of your choice. (sample c:\ORBXTemp)

Unzip it with Winzip or WinRar

Once unzipped you should have 10 files on your temp folder, run the exe from there.

Cheers.

Guest JustanotherPilot

Ramon is correct, I learned this a long time ago by trying to install from the zip. In my zeal to get up and flying ASAP I disregarded the install instructions which clearly said not to do this. A lesson learned is a lesson never forgotten.

So I just extracted the files with WinRar to a temporary folder on my desktop and the same problem occurred when I tried to run the .exe

Ok I have just got it to work and now I have a different problem involving the Orbx Registry Fix Tool and I cannot seem to locate FSX.exe to fix the registry for it through this Registry Fix.