Sign in to follow this  
Sidney Schwartz

FS9 driving me nuts

A few week ago I purchased and install the FSD C337. It worked perfectly. In general, though, fs9 had not been performing well so I reinstalled it. Ever since then I've had problems with the C337 2D panel doing weird visual "flashing" things. This seems to happen only in the lower left quadrant of the panel. Sometimes that part of the panel will disappear and reappear. Somtimes parts of a sub panel will appear and disappear. Also whenever I change views (look left, right etc.) I will get a brief glimpse of a previous screen. This is the only plane I'm having any problems with.I have done a complete uninstall and reinstall of fs9. I've done a complete uninstall and reinstall of the C337. I've done both of these a number of times. I've downloaded a fresh copy of the C337 install file in case mine had gotten corrupted. I've updated my graphics driver (geForce FX5500). Sometimes the problem will go away after a reinstall, only to appear again after I've switched views. Since the plane had worked perfectly for several weeks I have a hard time believing it's not an fs9 problem. Any ideas on what may be causing this would be appreciated! This is a great plane and I'd hate to have to give up flying it.Sidney Schwartz KPDX

Guest JSPuonti

Does this happen in both windowed and full screen mode? The bit about parts of the panel vanishing sounds to me like Windows was trying to display a (popup?) window at that location, "behind" the FS2004 window. This sometimes causes visual anomalies like what you describe.Other than that.. not sure what could be causing it I'm affraid.

Guest pugsley

Recent nVidia drivers are nuts. Try the 71.89 drivers and don't be too ambitious with your anti-aliasing settings

Guest JimC1702

Sidney, I had the exact same problem. In my case it started with the Dreamfleet Bonanza but then started doing it with all planes. What solved it for me was changing out my FX5600 for a 6600GT. But as the post above says, it could have been just the drivers. I'm running the drivers which came with the 6600GT and not the latest nvidia drivers and the problem is gone.Jim

Thanks for all the replies. Yes, it seems to have been the driver. I went back to an older one and so far the problem hasn't reocurred. So much for keeping your drivers up to date. :( Sidney Schwartz KPDX