Sign in to follow this  
vector

The joy of flying older aircraft

My aversion to buying software which involves activation or any other means whereby control of my use of the software lies with a third party [i have been caught out by this on a couple of occasions in the past] led me to reinstall the CD version of the Flight1/Dreamfleet Piper PA28 Archer II.  The CD version generates its own key without recourse to the Internet.  I have to say that it's an absolute joy to fly this aircraft.  Yes, it was created not long after FS2004 was released and it does show its age as far as some of the graphics are concerned but having made a few relatively minor tweaks to suit my own preferences it really is a delight to fly.

However, there is one thing that I would like some help on if anyone knows how - and it's this.  I have installed the Friendly Panel's autopilot gauge and whilst many aircraft lock onto the Localiser with a high degree of precision this particular Archer has a tendency to "go through" the LOC to the "other side" before slowly coming back and then tracking the LOC accurately.  I would guess that there might be a parameter in the .air file which could benefit from a tweak but I don't know which one.

Does anyone have any ideas, please?  Many thanks for any suggestions.

Dijvid