Sign in to follow this  
godimaginedme

Action! Recorder FPS counter....interesting observation

Hello all,

I purchased a monitor that can support 30hz about a month ago. It's great, but there is still that "motion blur." The other day, I got a second GTX 980 Ti and have been running SLI. I love it, and the eye candy is totally worth it, plus the performance upgrade in other games. 

But today, I noticed something odd. 

104j7sp.jpg

This is from Action! The number on the left represents the average FPS, and the number on the right is the FPS at the moment. More on this here https://mirillis.com/en/products/tutorials/action-tutorial-hud-active-desktop-mode.html#top

I can't for the life of me get the two numbers to sync up. The odd thing is that my fps are sustained at 30. I've tried reducing different settings, but the highest i've seen it is 20. I'm almost positive that if those two numbers sync up, it'll get rid of that annoying blur. The reason I'm so certain is because not 2 days ago, I had a perfect setup with no motion blur....but then I tried to use HT on and it got all messed up. So HT is off again, and I'm trying to get back to where I was. I didnt use this FPS counter before, but the image was totally smooth and wonderful. If you guys/gals know anything that I don't, please share!

Thanks!

Well, my suspicion was correct. I got the average frame up to 29, and it was extremely smooth. If anyone else experiences the same thing, here's how i got it to work.

Start windows in 60hz. Start P3D, load a flight. Close P3D after flight has loaded. 

Change display to 30hz. Start P3D, load a flight. . . That's it. 

I did get rid of SGSAA, and havent tested with it back on, but everything looks, and runs well now. I'm afraid to touch anything again!