Sign in to follow this  
Guest ThrottleUp

Adding an auto-throttle function to a plane?

On 5/30/2011 at 3:57 PM, jeff3163 said:

Man, this is an OLD thread! Well, thank God for old threads. I've been pondering this problem all day, searching threads. I finally came to this one, the right one. I've been working on my DHC-2 Beaver from Aerosoft, and I activated the autothrottle, but I couldn't get it to hold my present speed. It would always slow down to 135 knots. I tweaked the aircraft.cfg file, added gauges to the panel.cfg file, and cut and pasted from one air file to another. No suggestions would work for me, as the airspeed remained a steady 135 knots. After reading "THIS" thread, I set my autothrottle_MAX_rpm from 0.90 to 10000, and like magic, it now works as I had hoped. I doubt that any of the original posters are paying any attention to this old thread, but I felt the need to say "Thank you" anyway. This solution was so easy to implement, and test. Don't ever discount a thread by the date it was produced. Someone in 2011 may just need that information.

Haha...  you can say that again...  fast-forward almost exactly 11 years to the day from your reply here, and voila -- I'm here looking for the same info!  Who knows, maybe somebody in 2033 will be mucking around with an ancient PC and finds the same help here that we did  🙂

• Like 1