Sign in to follow this  
mikeymike

p3d v3.2 TIME SET.

Hey Guys,

was wondering if any of you are having the same issue as I do with setting time.

I reset time and date, for instance I set time to dawn YSSY and select aircraft etc and load sim parked at gate thou I notice looking outside that it is not dawn ?

any help is appreciated .

cheers

Mike

Are you changing the date/time before changing the airport perhaps? Is it possible that you're setting the date/time at Airport A, but when you change locations to YSSY you change timezones and thus it's no longer dawn?

-or-

I had noticed a small hiccup with seasonal textures early in using v3.2, but didn't really pay it too much attention. Perhaps something like this is happening...

I changed airports, changed airplanes, and changed the season from fall to spring via the dropdown, and immediately started the flight... the flight was in the right place with the right airplane, but it was still showing autumn textures. It was almost as if the change I made via the dropdown menu didn't get "set" in the sim properly.

Since then, anytime I adjust the season, I click into one of the time fields, and I haven't had the issue since.  I'm probably way off base, but my theory is that by getting the cursor into another area on the user interface, it is locking in the season selection I've made.

I'm not in a position right now to test any of this until later tonight, but maybe if you're selecting the time-of-day preset (Dawn, Day, Dusk, Night) via a dropdown and immediately starting a flight, the user interface isn't properly recognizing the change?

-Greg

Are you changing the date/time before changing the airport perhaps? Is it possible that you're setting the date/time at Airport A, but when you change locations to YSSY you change timezones and thus it's no longer dawn?

-or-

I had noticed a small hiccup with seasonal textures early in using v3.2, but didn't really pay it too much attention. Perhaps something like this is happening...

I changed airports, changed airplanes, and changed the season from fall to spring via the dropdown, and immediately started the flight... the flight was in the right place with the right airplane, but it was still showing autumn textures. It was almost as if the change I made via the dropdown menu didn't get "set" in the sim properly.

Since then, anytime I adjust the season, I click into one of the time fields, and I haven't had the issue since.  I'm probably way off base, but my theory is that by getting the cursor into another area on the user interface, it is locking in the season selection I've made.

I'm not in a position right now to test any of this until later tonight, but maybe if you're selecting the time-of-day preset (Dawn, Day, Dusk, Night) via a dropdown and immediately starting a flight, the user interface isn't properly recognizing the change?

-Greg

Hi

Thanks for your response

Yes I am actually setting time and date prior to location hence why my time may be set wrong.

Will def test that

And all my seasons have been changed to accommodate that part of the world on payware airports.

Cheers

Mike

Hi

Thanks for your tip on selecting airport prior to date and time It worked.

question

Clock in the pmdg 777 is not set at the same time as departure airport thou, how is that fixed

cheers

Mike