Sign in to follow this  
CHOPPERGIRL

Hi I'm Choppergirl - What's a Good Flight Sim to Practice Flying Ultralight In?

I uninstalled DCS 2.0 alpha, and installed 1.5... that took forever and a ton of hard drive thrashing.  

At the main menu and logged in.  But still same problem.  Instant Action won't turn blue when you roll over it, or any other mission way to start the game  :-/

~

I have a cheap flightsim Wingman joystick, but it requires the old school type sound card connector (I.e., not USB).

~

I don't develop flight sims, I modded an FPS shooter, that had some'flying' vehicles, and turned it into primary a ground attack / dogfighting game.

Ok, the DCS menu now turns blue...   in the time of me making my last post.  Maybe it had to load some extra data off the net in the background, just by letting the menu sit there and run at idle.

crash.jpg

Hmm, okay, I don't think any of these flight sims really are going to help me practice flying an ultralight at all.... :-/

Too much focus on military planes, warbirds and private GA planes someone learning to fly can't afford, and not really any coverage of entry level planes someone would actually get started in.

Oh well, so much for that idea...   I guess I'll just gun it for the end of the runway...   how hard can flying be, birds do it all the time...

"Hmm, okay, I don't think any of these flight sims really are going to help me practice flying an ultralight at all.... :-/

Too much focus on military planes, warbirds and private GA planes someone learning to fly can't afford, and not really any coverage of entry level planes someone would actually get started in."

Enter FS2004 A Century of Flight, aka FS9! Maybe this is what you're looking for...

Yes it's an oldie, but after all this time you can bet the mods you need have already been done, just download 'em for free from the library here and the other FS2004 sites. There will be photoscenery available for your State too, which may be payware, but will be well worth it.

ML1_zpspbd4tf3a.jpg

ML2_zpsqfpscwfa.jpg