Sign in to follow this  
Adam Szofran

GIS Class Project

Guest artmartin

Hey all. I'm taking a GIS class that features ArcGIS products and I chose as a required project the subject of creating terrain for flight simulation software. In the scope of the project I went beyond what we all get into and also included actual commercial and military flight simulators although I seriously doubt that those entities go for the terrain and scenery realism our hobby does. Does anyone know any resources I could look into for information on how other simulator software incorporates terrain into their systems and how much they stress realism? Are there industry leaders in this field and if so, does anyone know good contacts in this areas? I'd appreciate any help in this. Google searches about Flight Simulation bring up almost entirely the hobby end of things and very little about the commercial and military areas.Art

Art,You might try poking around on CAE's web site (www.cae.com). CAE is one of the larger (largest?) producer of "serious" simulation hardware and software.Good luck with your project,Adam