Sign in to follow this  
conor101

Problem with Simconnect

So I have this weird problem with my addons such as the PMDG 777, 737, etc, where I will spawn at certain airports and it seems like the simconnect won't connect as I am unable to fly the airplane. Rudder, sometimes aileron, sometimes elevator won't work, and sometimes its just black gauges with no gear. But I'll spawn at other airports and it will be perfectly fine. I have re-installed FSX twice, that didn't help, verified integrity, again that didn't help. And I have done 2 tickets with Dovetail support and they basically say they can't help me since I have addons that ARE FSX-SE approved, but not FSX-SE approved under them. I will also add that I can fly all the default airplanes perfectly fine as I don't think they require simconnect. Basically I am left with a unflyable sim and I wouldn't have made the switch from the regular FSX to FSX-SE if I had known this was going to happen. This is a recent problem too because I've been playing FSX-SE for months with no problems. I would appreciate if anyone could have any input on how to fix this problem as I have no idea what else to do since Dovetail won't even bother helping me. This isn't a problem with JUST PMDG airplanes too, it occurs with the Aerosoft Airbus X as well. I will also add that I do have all simconnects installed from the SDK folder.

Hopefully someone can help,

Thanks!

Does anyone have any ideas on what to do? This is really my last hope in finding a solution. 

Have you asked Aerosoft or PMDG?

I went back and forth with PMDG for probably a month trying to figure out what it could be. They didn't have a clue, and recommended I contact Dovetail. Dovetail said it sounds like an issue with the simconnect, however since I have addons that are not "supported" by them, they cannot offer any help to me. 

I have exactly the same problem (also no problems a few months ago), in europe / north america all is good... then i start in rio (brazil)... BANG simconnect hang.. driving me nuts!