Sign in to follow this  
Guest AndrewMcGregor

PC Spec' Query

Hi all,Just a quick one.I have a P4 2.8G, with only 256 of DDR RAM. I am using the on board Intel graphics.What can I do to get an immediate boost in performance. I was intending buying another 512 of DDR - will this make a big difference? I AM ON A LOW BUDGET!!I am running FS2002 with the sliders pulled half way back. I was expecting a lot more from a P4.Cheers all,Happy Flying!

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hey there, I dont think I am a computer expert but I think the graphics card and ram are both acting against you. I too was (and still am) low budget and I think you should go ahead and get another stick of ram. I have 512 in my machine and I think I am running about the low end FPS wise in FSACOF. If you wanna know my specs:Dell Inspiron 5150Pentium 4 HT @3.10512 DDR RAMATI Radeon 9000 64 MBOh, another question, do you have a laptop or a desktop? Have fun!!!-Brandon

Buy another 256Mb of RAM *and* a better graphics card. You have enough CPU for almost anything, but Intel graphics is only good for light 3D, certainly not flight sims, and 256Mb of RAM isn't enough just to run Windows properly. Almost any graphics card will be an improvement, go to Tom's Hardware (http://www.tomshardware.com/), find the VGA charts and the FS2004 benchmark, and figure out what gets you the best framerates for the least money, given the prices where you are this week. More than 512Mb of RAM won't help you if your graphics are that slow, 256Mb of RAM won't get much better with a better graphics card.