Sign in to follow this  
rcbarend

For freeware designers only .... Just a thought..

Hi fellow designers,Thanks to Bryan, I just realised how to introduce my next freeware FS addon :-)Here's what I'll do:1. I'll make an annoucement on the AVSIM news page in which I'll advertise it as a payware product.2. Two days later, I'll post a forum message saying that I will give away the first 10 copies in a lottery.3. And only then, after a few days, I'll upload it to the library as freeware.Now, if Bryan succeeds in getting so many positive responses in such a short time, to a lottery in which he gives away an aircraft that (and/or company) had such mixed comments as CS in the last few weeks, this MUST be THE ultimate way to attrack attention to my new product.THANKS BRYAN, for opening my eyes.I always knew my marketing skills needed improvement ...:-lol :-lol :-lol :-lol :-lol :-lol :-lol :-lol :-lol Cheers, Rob Barendregt*Edit*On a more serious note: there must be a moral to this story; I just haven't figured out what it is ....But I'm sure someone will help me out :-) :-)

Guest GCBarni

Bob, the moral has to do with loyalty, I think; for let's review events as revealed by Bryan.Even though Bryan did not initially receive his promised reward of a free copy of the C130, and even though CS failed to respond to Bryan's subsequent email query about said prize upon it's announced release, Bryan nonetheless, faithfully purchased a copy of the Herc; whereupon, once CS had his coin, they then presented him with his just reward including the permission of disposing of said prize by any manner of his choosing; plus, in the remote case that some sense of impropriety should appear, even going the extra mile by offering the suggestion of a lottery conducted in a high-traffic area like Avsim.Yes, I'm convinced the moral of the story has to do with loyalty.Was this helpful?

Not really :-)But thanks for your answer anyway.As often happens on forums, the question was misunderstood.Either by my worthing or your reading :-)What I ment with "moral of the story" question did not apply to Bryan's motives (I know him as a very helpfull fellow-simmer, and DO appreciate his action very much), but to my observation that people (including me ..) are more inclined to react on a post where they can get something that costs money for free, than if it's free (freeware) in the first place.I know, that a gross generalisation, but still ...And I realise I just answered my own question :-)Best regards, Rob