Sign in to follow this  
Angelo Cosma

USB Device Descriptor Request Failed

Hey guys, I have been pulling my hair out for the last several days. I can't get my yoke and rudders to connect to the PC via USB. As soon as I connect them and they did work previously, I moved rooms and had to move the PC along with all else and this is when the problem started.

They are finicky, and what I mean by that is once they do connect, you better leave em as is because it will put up a fight to connect again after that. 

The USB rudders and Yoke come up with windows 10 error usb sound and show "Device Descriptor Request Failed" Code 43 in device mgmt. I have tried routing them to a USB hub, another POWERED USB hub, different physical USB slots on the PC and nothing. This is nothing new and they do work but it is such a pain in the rear to reconnect em. What can I do to get them to start talking again. 

I have already uninstalled and reinstalled my Asmedia USB drivers from ASUS and tried other versions. Other USB gear works fine but this is no surprise as these controls always put up a fight. 

usb.jpg

Anyone? 

Precision Flight controls are saying it needs a newer firmware usb board to talk with Win10 but that seems rubbish to me as it has been working since last October on Win10. They want 99 a piece and I think thats highway robbery, any advice. 

IMG_1141.jpg