Sign in to follow this  
Janice

Ghost Control Commands

I'm having a frustrating time with this:

I seem to have some ghost control commands and I cannot figure out from where they are being generated.  I was not having issues, and then it started, and I'm not sure what happened.  I map a control in FSX control settings - say a button on my x-55 stick for the ATC window.  I press the button, and flaps increase.  I've cleaned everything out of the x-55 settings file.  I've removed the FSUIP4 folder thinking that might be an issue.  I've removed and reinstalled the plane (an A2A Comanche).  I've deleted the .xml from the Controls folder (and right now, it hasn't re-appeared!).  I uninstalled, cleaned and reinstalled the x-55 drivers and software.  I've recalibrated.  I'm using 3.0 USB ports.  I've uninstalled and reinstalled USB ports (which seemed to help for a while).

It seems as though there is a file somewhere that has control settings that confuses the controllers.  Sometimes the throttle thinks it's the stick, for example.  The assignments change from one start-up to another.  Sometimes the assigned button works properly, other times not at all, or does something unexpected, and other times it works for the right function, but without the proper force (e.g., brakes depress but not enough to stop the plane).

I'm on FSX-SE platform.  (I've also got EZCA doc installed.)

I'll sure appreciate it if someone can help me with this. 

Thank you in advance.

Janice

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!