Sign in to follow this  
rcmarple

Mac Plugin Tip

Hi, firstly thanks for not making us wait too long for the Mac version (yay!) and the plane is an absolute beauty! Glad to be finally buying and flying a PMDG product.

Just a quick note, I had a crash to desktop on my first run which the x-plane log told me was due to the 32 bit version of the plugin in the aircraft's plugin folder. As I'm running 64bit, I've removed the "32" folders from the plugins folders for both versions and now so far, everything is great. I share this in case others come across the same issue...

Also, the installer didn't give me a choice of where to install and actually placed the PMDG folder into a clean X-Plane demo I keep on my desktop. Moving the PMDG folder into my full X-Plane folder seems to be fine (i.e. doesn't appear to be files installed anywhere outside the PMDG folder the installer creates) - let me know if I'm wrong...

Thanks again for a fabulous aircraft!

Thanks for the tip! About to get the Mac version here also, so will report back about what happens (also running 64-bit).

Rob Smith.

I installed the 64-bit version - no issues to report.

I did have a problem with the installer itself - I have my SteamApps folder stored on an external disk on a disk image. It wouldn't accept the disk image as a valid location, so I selected the external disk instead. I then had to manually copy the files into the SteamApps folder. All worked fine afterwards.

Rob Smith.