Sign in to follow this  
rlawrence

Mic always transmitting on vatsim- xsquawkbox?

Some quick background . I've been on Vatsim since the Roger Wilco days, yes I'm aging myself. I had my first issue last night and got booted off. Needless to say I was little annoyed because I didn't even get a chance to reply to the private msg. I was booted of the network. It said that my mic was transmitting and I needed to turn it off. Well, my mic was turned off so how it was transmitting is anyone's guess. I "think" the issue is with the calibration through Xsquawkbox and maybe the mic boost is to high?

During the test, If I get the background noise right and then go to the voice test I get the message that my mic is cold turn it up. I did that and turned the boast up to 10+ That seemed to work for the test. The calibration test was happy. I thought the first test I did sounded fine to me, but with the error message I wasn't sure. The long story short is I got the IXEG 737 regular price and a bunch of scenery on a 4th of July sale. Now I feel I can't use them for the intended purposes of flying the 737 on Vatsim. I don't want to take a chance in my account getting terminated or suspended. There's no way for me to know if it works or not unless I log on!

It could be my the headset is bad or has a faulty connection, but it doesn't sound like it too me. Has anyone had this happen? There's no information on this issue. This is a "fresh" install of 10.45. I'm hesitant to upgrade to the latest beta because the 737 would always crash at some point.

I'm using the internal sound chip for my headset and my nice sound blaster for the external speakers. This set-up works fine p3d. Again this is a first so if anyone has experience with this I would like to know . 

Thanks in advance.

Richard