Sign in to follow this  
zl2bmh

Is Prepar3D in competition with FSX

Hello All.

For various reasons I have been away from flight simming for a number of years, it was something I really enjoyed,   I am looking to get back into it but have found a new player in Prepar3D.

When I was last involved Orbx FSX was doing well and the scenery was beautiful.

Is Prepar3D in competition with Orbx FSX? If I bought Prepar3D is it a sim in it's own right, and I can still get most of the planes and beautiful scenery as in Orbx FSX.

Regards all.

Jim

Yes. ORBX will work perfect with P3D, but it is not really in "competition". 

In fact P3D does enjoy continuous support from Lockheed Martin with a very good use of modern hardware. Go for it, you can have your money back within 60 days if you don't like P3D. :)

Philipp Schwaegerl

Dear Zuendholz.

Thank you for your reply.

Just to clear this up, I sold a number of my Orbx FSX scenery and planes because money was short at this time.  Now that there's a light at the end of what had been a very long tunnel, can I go ahead and purchase Prepar3D on it's own, adding to it as they release new scenery etc.

Jim

Yes go ahead and purchase P3D and try it. If you have a good PC, you will never look back to FSX again, because of the better graphics and performance. 

New scenery is compatible with P3D v3 (most of it) and if you have any ORBX download stuff left, just download it again (like FTX Global, openLC...) and it will come with a quad installer for FSX and P3D. 

But you have to watch out. There is some stuff, like PMDG aircraft, you need to purchase again because of the own P3D version. 

If you have any scenery left, you can write it here and we can tell you, if it is compatible or not.

Philipp Schwaegerl

Dear Zuendholtz.

Thank you sir.  Just the information I required.  I do had a few scenaries left over and planes so your, or other members help, will be invaluable.

Regards and thanks again.

Jim zl2bmh

try p3d on a monthly Subscription, This is what I did with v2.5 !! - Johnman B)