Sign in to follow this  
John_Cillis

Captain Sim repurchase eamil????

Guest BryUK

Here's the final thing to check, since order numbers have been cancelled, download links can no longer be accessed etc. See if someone will uninstall the C-130, then reinstall it and try to register/authorise it again with the same order number.If it no longer works, then CS really have locked out every customer who paid via PP and consider that the transaction never took place.And everyone knows PP simply don't do refunds. So if that's the case, not only are CS denying support and updates, but won't even let you use the original product.Unless a miracle happens in 6 months time, this is pretty much it. CS are obviously not going to change their stance on this.BTW, if you go the CS website and try to get a new download link via the automated support page, enter your order number and you will be given this charming message."This payment was refunded.Order Number: *******************If you have any questions please contact us using this form."I like the use of the past tense there. Rather optimistic of them.

"PayPal's data base has been hacked."Someone already responded, but I wanted to add I received these Paypal "phishing" emails long before I had ever used Paypal. The phishing bots grab email addresses off the usenet and forums and "gamble" on the chance that a specific email address actually belongs to the organization being spoofed. They reason the person will either delete the email or may be duped by it if they have used the service being spoofed. A better example is the ebay phishing scams in my case. I've never used ebay, but I certainly get my share of "account termination" warnings. Kind of hard to warn someone of termination of an account that doesn't exist, but the phishing bots don't care about me. You win some, you lose some :)Here's a good question to ask yourself when you're setting up a new email address: Have you ever used your email name before with another service--one where you've received spam? Example: you use dsmith@mydomain.com, and you get flooded with spam. Then you turn around and create a new safe account--dsmith@newdomain.com. You lock away the new email address like the crown jewels. But you still get spam. That's because the spam bots, once they have "dsmith" in their data, send spam to dmith @ every domain they know. If the email gets rejected, no big deal. So when you want to create a spam proof email address, try to use what I like to call "strong" email addresses. Call yourself ds_!mith@newdomain.com. I've used this for several years and have kept spam to zero on my unpublished email accounts.-John