Sign in to follow this  
Guest firehawk44

Missing ATC text = Memory issue?

Guest Waltm

I've recently been experiencing a problem where the white text in my ATC radio menu suddenly disappears. I can still call up the ATC menu and access comm commands by pressing numbers on my keyboard, but I can't see what I'm selecting because of the missing text.Also, when the ATC text goes, so does the text in the red "Pause" bar that appears at the bottom of the screen when you pause the sim. Once the text is gone, I have to restart FS2004 to restore it.Is this a memory issue? Note that I do not get any kind of memory error; I have however been recently trying out some aircraft with CPU-intensive gauges around the Chicago area. Also, on one occasion when I lost the text, many key Chicago buildings--including all of Meigs field--disappeared as well.Any thoughts?Thanks.-- WaltFlying FS9.1 at 1600x1200x32Intel Pentium 4 640 HT 3.20GHzWindows XP Pro SP21GB Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM at 533MHz (2x512M)256MB PCI Express x16 ATI Radeon X850 XT PECatalyst 5.9 drivers for Windows XPDirectX 9.0cViewSonic P95f+ 19 inch Ultrabrite CRT MonitorSound Blaster Audigy2 ZSCreative I-Trigue 2.1 3300 SpeakersSaitek Gamers Keyboard USBMS ForceFeedback 2 joystick USBWideFS 6.50ActiveSky ASV FSUIPC 3.50 RegisteredFS Force 1.02FSNavigator 4.6Active Camera 2004 v2.0LAGO FSEAISmooth V 1.11aJABScreen v2.2Linksys Wireless Router WRT54G 802.11gNETWORKED SYSTEM (Running WideFS Client & ASV):Intel Pentium 3, 850 MHzWindows 98 SE384 MB RAM

Guest firehawk44

A font issue. Do a search and look at this topic:topic #230474Jim

Guest Waltm

Thanks for the tip, Jim, however searching for "topic #230474" or "230474" yields only this post. Is there another way to search by topic #?-- Walt>A font issue. Do a search and look at this topic:>>topic #230474>>Jim

Guest firehawk44

Thanks Jim for providing the direct link. I forgot about copying the IP shortcut which provides a direct link to the article.JimY