Sign in to follow this  
Guest jerrycwo4

Changing type of AI at an airport

Guest jerrycwo4

I recently change my AI acft in FS2004 from, "My Traffic 2004" to "Traffic 2005" (by Just Flight) and also added, "FS Military AI Traffic" (by SimMarket). I fly a lot out of Honolulu Intl Arpt and then noticed that about 95 % of all AI acft there were MILITAY. This was NOT realistic ! Something must have "malfuntioned " during the installation of the "FS Military AI Traffic". Is there a way to make the AI at Honolulu civilian like it should be; in other words, just change the type of AI there without affecting other airports. So far, this is the only airport I have seen this problem. Thanks jerrycwo4

The first check you need to make is to see if the JustFlight Traffic 2005 install added an AFCAD file for PHNL.AI traffic programs add a lot of aircraft to your world.Hickam AFB shares the runways with PHNL and used to have a lot of military traffic - haven't been there for over 20 years so I can't say what it is today, and I'm not calling my ex-wife to ask her to look out her window.I understand they still have a fighter squadron and a C-130 squadron there in addition to some longhaul transient Air Force traffic.What you are seeing is most probably due to the load order of the traffic files and insufficient parking for all the AI traffic.FS2004 can have multiple traffic files - and will load them in order. If the traffic in file Traffic_001.bgl fills up your airport with military aircraft, then the airline traffic in the file Traffic_002.bgl will have no place to park.Even within one traffic file - the first flight plan will load, then the next, and the next and so on.Flightplans near the bottom of the file may never appear in your world without enough parking.This load order makes it very easy to fill up KATL with AAL and COA traffic leaving almost no room for DAL.You will probably need to add 16-20 small combat parking spots - about 10M should work - at the ANG ramp at Hickham and probably about 16 25M small military cargo spots and 5 to 7 44M large military cargo spots on the Hickham ramps.Once you add that parking to your AFCAD, the airport should work well.

Guest jerrycwo4

That was quite an answer, thanks for the time and effort. I have never added any parking spaces and have no idea how it is done. Unfortionatly, I never did learn that part of Flight Sim when it came out a few years ago. Guess I'll have to stick with the militaty acft there or uninstall the new AI programs and go back to my "Traffic 2004". It had civilian and military acft but did not have my present problem. Course it also did not have the "bells and whistles that the new Traffic 2005 has. Thanks agin for your help. jerrycwo4

One of the most incredible programs ever written to help in FS is AFCAD - a visual representation of the airport.Lee Swordy did a fantastic job with this easy to use and understand program.First - AFCAD produces AF2_xxxx.BGL files - which are scenery files. If you have loaded Traffic 2005 - you have about 1,500-1,800 files loaded by the program.You cannot have AI traffic without adding parking. The default PHNL airport has very few parking spots.AFCAD can be found in the file library of almost every site on the web.It has one of the easiest to understand and most practical readme/help files in the history of computers. I'm not kidding, it's that good.Also, you do not need to run AFCAD when FS is running. The files are scenery files - though you will find having FS running while working on AFCAD files - there is no need to have AFCAD open when you are flying.The Project AI AFCAD team has some very good additional information on how the FS2004 parking system works on their FAQ page.Check it out - http://afcad.projectai.com/faq.htmlTo make PHNL come alive - with the default scenery - I most strongly recommend you download and setup Jim Vile's Active Approach for PHNL - phnl_app_jv.zip - in the Avsim library.Jim however does not have military parking added to his AFCAD file.If you want military traffic for PHNL - download and install the DBWSim Hickam AFB scenery - dbwsimhickam04.zip - in the Avsim library."This scenery is designed to complement DBWsim Pearl Harbour 2004 and is intended for use with (but will operate independant of) Bill Melichar