Sign in to follow this  
mazelda

question regarding HTC Vive setting up

Hi

Thinking of buying a vr headset in the next couple of months and not sure on which one to go for. I am very stuck for room and noticed the Vive has a couple of base stations that come with the it, to achieve the 360 use.

I have no room to have these setup on a permanent basis and have no interest with games that may use the ability of this feature, my use would be for simming only, are the base stations required to be set up?

If the answer is yes then this might put the Vive a non option and put me into the rift camp.

My gut instinct is that I want to get a Vive but have not been able to find any reviews to read or watch that are specific to flight simming only with the Rift or Vive. I've found a few that compare headsets but not any that look at flight simming specifically guys on here seem to go for one or the other and not many that have both understandably .

Can anyone offer any advice or reviews that are simming  specific and weather the base stations are required to be set up with the Vive

Thanks

Pete Little