Sign in to follow this  
Guest Robin MacLaurin

Using NL2000v2.9.2

Guest Robin MacLaurin

Hello; I've the above mentioned installed and was wondering if there is a conflict with the default Schipol scenery? I was flying from Heathrow to Schipol using FFX/Sga's 737-200, made my flight plan using FSNav and exported it to FS9, when I got within range of EHAM's ATIS was given a runway which isn't even shown in FSNav database. I tried to find this runway but no luck, so I cancelled the flight. When using NL2000 do you have to disable the default holland scenery? I'm not using any AI stuff. Robin

I suspect you are seeing a "fake" runway in an AFCAD file with the NL2000 scenery. Designed primarily for AI aircraft - the crossing runway star technique fools FS into think widely divergent runways are actually parallel.First, never accept the default ILS approach. It is really a 10 mile straight in visual approach. Always choose a different approach and never "Vectors to final".That is responsible for the myriad course corrections when the user aircraft wanders off the desired course - which of course we have no clue what the course is or the waypoint we should be heading toward.If nothing else, select an ILS approach with a Transition from a waypoint on your flight plan.You can rename the AFCAD file which NL2000 installed to an extension other than .BGL. That will disable the file - though there may be elevation issues at the EHAM airport without it. I'd have to check.You will also probably lose use of the new westerly runway if you disable the file.