Sign in to follow this  
John_Cillis

Panning Up and down in 2d mode

How can I pan the view in 2D cockpit mode to look up or down when I press Shift 4 or Shift 5 in the regular cockpit 2D mode? I can look forward and press Shift backspace to look up and Shift enter to look down just fine, but I cant when I look left of me and right of me and any other direction in the cockpit. I could do this in FS2002 as far as I can remember.Thanks,Bill

Asus Tuf Gaming Plus B550 - Asus Ryzen 9 5800X3D - Asus GeForce 4080 RTX OC Edition - 64GB DDR4 Ram 3600Mhz - EVGA 850W Power Supply - 2X 1 TB NVME PCIE gen 4 - Windows 10

Your memory of FS2002 is quite right. They took the feature out of FS2004, and I hope it may come back in the next version. You can only Pan Up/Down in forward view, although you can turn your forward view (in VC mode) to the left or right and pan up down as needed. It's not as nice as it was though, that's for sure.-John

Guest ScottPilot

You can pan up and down in 2D mode if you use the Active Camera program. Without it, it is not possible in FS9 any more.Scott

Guest Tophatter

In the CONTROLS section of your fs9.cfg file add the line PAN_IN_COCKPIT_MODE=1. That will let you pan in the 2d cockpit using your joystick hat and should let you do the same with keyboard. Bud

"In the CONTROLS section of your fs9.cfg file add the line PAN_IN_COCKPIT_MODE=1. That will let you pan in the 2d cockpit using your joystick hat and should let you do the same with keyboard."The original post is in reference to side/alternate views--i.e. pressing 4 or 6 on the num keypad and being able to pan up and down in those views. In FS2004 even with the PAN_IN_COCKPIT_MODE switch set, it is not possible to pan up or down in the side views. -John