Sign in to follow this  
Jetstream96

Will upgrading from GT 520 to 750Ti be worth it (FSX)?

Here is my specs:

CPU: Intel Core2 Duo E7500 Overclocked at 3.5 GHz

GPU: GT 520

I only fly in FSX and mostly with NGX/Aerosoft Airbus. I am thinking about upgrading to GTX 750Ti, but will I get noticeable fps gain? Right now I get 20 to 30 fps depending on weather and amount of scenery objects.

Thanks for any inputs!

I think going from a GT520 to a GTX750Ti would be a definite improvement.  I know I saw a good improvement in fps, smoothness, and was able to use more anti-aliasing when I upgraded from an 8800GT to a 560Ti.

My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

I think going from a GT520 to a GTX750Ti would be a definite improvement.  I know I saw a good improvement in fps, smoothness, and was able to use more anti-aliasing when I upgraded from an 8800GT to a 560Ti.

Thank you. That's good to know. :)

After some research I changed my mind and will probably upgrade to 1050Ti instead. I think that card will be able to handle future flight sims (x-plane 11 or Dovetail's flight sim) better.

I use a 650ti with FSX and it's more then enough. I use 4 x AA and 4 x SSGSAA and it handles it with ease even in heavy cloud.

Thanks. My current system struggles a bit in rainy weather. Hope it will get better with a new card.

It's all about texture size as well. I still use 32 bit textures but find 1024x1024 size clouds more then big enough to look great. Even 512 at 32 bit is fine to me and performed much better.

That's interesting. Will try that when I get home.