Sign in to follow this  
Guest beana51

FROZEN WATER TEXTURES ?

Guest beana51

I did see this a on popular site, The Author ,I believe, is Mr. Holger Sanmanns.Would be nice in the Northern Climates to see natural frozen lakes. Thanking any one in advance for any advise. Again Thanx VIN

Guest beana51

Thank You,a good site. I will explore and decide. Was hoping it would be seasonable,and in those areas which freeze up.May be a stretch tho! Again Thanx Jeff VIN

Hi there,I agree that this would be a great automatic/seasonal feature to have ;-)My approach to frozen/landable ice, a feature of the "Misty Fjords" package, was in fact inspired by Janne Sinkkonen of the Finnish Scenery Designers. I extended Janne's method to allow for ocean, fjord, and river water to remain unfrozen. However, that's quite a bit of work to set up and the transition does not happen automatically; one has to execute a batch file to "freeze/unfreeze" the water.The FlightScenery Rhode Island package actually includes freezing water too. In this case the designer used seasonal photoreal land cover textures, which allowed him to have lakes frozen and landable in winter without external batch files. Again, though, a lot of work to do this.It would be nice if the next FS version included water code and textures that can change with seasons, which would make frozen water much easier to implement.Cheers, Holger

Guest beana51

Well thank you Holger. In any event it seems like a natural occurrence to have the winter scenes reflecting reality. At The Ole Hanger,this effect was displayed.Very effective.I may use it in spite of the install/uninstall chore, I may have to do. Now here at the Gulf of Mexico,it may well for fill the expression "When #### Freezes Over" Thank You VIN