Sign in to follow this  
3snowyman

Requesting conceptual help

Hey everyone, first post here.

I'm currently in the process of repainting an aircraft, but have run into an obstacle.  I'd just like to get a better understanding of this obstacle.  

There is only one fuselage bmp.  This is obviously mirrored on both sides of the fuselage.  The dilemma is that I would like to put text on both sides of the aircraft fuselage, so when I put the text on, one side is fine, but the other side has mirrored text.  Maybe there's something really simple that I'm missing, or maybe it's impossible to get around this.  Any help is appreciated. :)

Hey Snowy, In Your Artwork ( Fuselage.bmp ), Point one Fuselage Half to the Left, and One Fuselage Half to the Right, Works For Me ! - Johnman

Thank you for the response. I'm still somewhat confused though.  There are 3 segments to the fuselage included in this bmp. I'll attach an image. The top portion is the center of the fuselage, the middle is the rear of the fuselage, and the bottom is the front of the fuselage.fusilage_zpsom4mtyzh.png

UPDATE: I was wrong about the last 2 in that picture.  The bottom one is the Right Rear, the Middle one is the Left Rear.  However my question still remains for the front portion of the fuselage (the top fuselage in the bmp). I want my text to be on that section of the fuselage

Nothing mystical or magical about it.

If you have one section of texture mapped to both sides of the plane, one side will be mirrored.

There is nothing that can be done except either live with it or change your design.

regards,

Joe

The best gift you can give your children is your time.

sigbar.gif

Thank you Joe. That was my gut feeling, but I had hoped there would be a secret workaround out there. Guess I'll just work with it! Thank you for your help :)