Sign in to follow this  
Stearmandriver

AFCADs released for the ORBX Papua New Guinea bush strips

Hi all,

I've been playing around with Air Hauler and decided I wanted to try running a bush operation that served the excellent bush strips included in the ORBX TAP Tapini and AYPY Jacksons International "experience" packages. Unfortunately these airports either don't have AFCAD entries at all, or they exist with no runway listed, so AH can't use them. So I made some AFCADs for these strips, to include invisible (zero width) gravel runways long enough that Air Hauler will now build jobs to them. Works great now. Thought I'd share them for anyone else with the same interest, in the AVSIM library:

http://library.avsim.net/download.php?DLID=197760

These files make no visible changes to the airports, they just add them to the flight sim airport database so you can start at them, navigate to them with GPS, see them on the map etc... and so add-ons like Air Hauler can use them. ORBX TAP and/or AYPY are required.

These strips are great fun in something like a Beaver. Just be aware that they aren't as long as the AFCADs claim they are - I built them all around 3,000 or 4,000 feet to encourage job generation in Air Hauler, but they're all much shorter than that.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!