Sign in to follow this  
Lucky67

Flickering textures at LIMC in P3D with Chaseplane views

I am observing an annoying problem with flickering textures at Aerosoft LIMC (MIlan Malpensa) airport, this occurs with chaseplane views only at the apron area (taxiways/rwys seem ok).

This problem has been already reported once in the Aerosoft forum but I am not too confident that they will take care of it (usually they refuse to take casre of problems that occur only with any 3rd party add on like CHPL or EZCA).

Is there anything that can be done by Chaseplane dev. team or at least elaborate on that and have some kind of explanation?

There is no actual display setting to tweak for that as I already work with high AA settings (both in P3d and Nvidia insp. profile).

In Cameras.cfg (of course, backup it first) change all instances of ClipMode = Minimum to ClipMode = Normal, which is the default setting and the mode that Aerosoft apparently uses for their testing.

Minimum is better for inspecting close objects, like aircraft details, but causes z-fighting of textures for distant objects. Currently, no generally solid ClipMode setting exists, it is always a compromise between the right depiction of distant vs. close.

Roman Heriban
Prepar3D v4 | Windows 10 | 1080Ti & 8700K at 4800MHz
FSLabs A320, Active Sky + Sky Force 3D, MCE, PF3, ChasePlane, etc.

sbsim.com

Actually your tweak works.

So far I set it only for the Chase Plane Static Views (originally set to Spot) to Normal and now it's ok.

Thanks again Roman for your prompt reply.