Sign in to follow this  
Jorgo

CD FS9 and export to FSX

hallo,

I have the Original-CD RCv4 and i want to know, how to download the RCv4 for FSX.

I have forget how to do this, ist its nessesary ? Or can i make a new Install in FSX with the CD ?

My old key is here.

Fri Nov 25 11:02:09 2011

Your Radar Contact Version 4 Key is

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

---------------------------------------------------------

----------------------------------

XXXXXXXXX  ! Jorgo ! Crete

Name : Jorgo Crete

Thanks

Jorgo

First insure that your CD is current for rcv4.3845.

The way to use it for FSX or Steam FSX is to duplicate the folder you have for FS9 but name that folder (not the file rcv4.exe) something like rcv4-fsx and create a shortcut to to rcv4.exe within that new folder. Insure the current makerwys.exe is installed in your new FSX folder and get the latest fsuipc4 which will install itself in the fsx modules folder.

http://forum.simflight.com/topic/80977-updated-modules/ for fsuipc4 - read notes

http://forum.simflight.com/topic/66136-useful-additional-programs/ for makerws.exe.

Now start the duplicated rcv4 with your new shortcut to rcv4.exe in your rcv4-fsx folder. If you are on the same disk partition as your fs9 rcv4 installation your current key should work.

Now reset running the new rcv4 in your rcv4-fsx folder all of the relevant paths from the fs9 paths to your your paths. When running the RC scenery rebuild point now to your fsx path. Run it to replace your FS9 scenery data with your FSX data.

Never rename rcv4.exe to something else in either folder. Just rename the shortcut labels only so you can recognize whether you are starting the FS9 data version or the FSX data version.

hallo ron,

shame on me. but i had a harddiskcrash and the original CD don't accept my old key.

When i paste my old key and correct mailadress in the Cd-StartMenue ,the program closed , and nothing happend.

I have sent 3 mails to dthompss@comcast.net ,,,, but nothing happend.

Joergo