Sign in to follow this  
Guest BeaverDriver

Question for Steve Dra/Repainters - 747V3

Good Morning,

Just a (hopefully) quick question for repainters. I'm planning on doing some repaints for the new 747-400. Unfortunately I'm one of the ones suffering from the skeleton front half of the aircraft when in the Preview/Details pane. I normally use that to check/confirm how my paint is going and if I need to make any adjustments. It's only once I get almost to the very end do I actually load the aircraft. This visual issue of course, precludes doing that, so I'm wondering if this is the same method you guys use, or if you have another way of checking the results of your paints as you go along. I'm using Photoshop if that makes a difference.

Thanks very much!

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Yeah, I'll usually use that FSX preview to check stuff. There is a fix for that issue you're having btw, make sure you have this in your cfg file in the main section:

DisablePreload=0

To be honest though, I doubt you'll need to worry that much in terms of repeatedly checking stuff, the way they've done the paint kit for the 747 is pretty good, i.e. you can do it all in one go (apart from the tail and the engines) and then just paste it in the relevant three fuselage dds files, flip it inverted and off you go.

Note that there is a little gotcha in the engine texture (well two actually), that's where the underside of the fuselage texture is, and you'll need to rotate any text on the inboard engine pod sides upside down to have it display the right way up in the sim, i.e. the words on the inside of the engine nacelles on this one I did are upside down on the texture file in order to be the right way up in the sim:

d_zpsh2xznyxh.png

Thanks for this Alan. Unfortunately I put that line in, but it didn't help. Nice paint there. I'll have a go with this later on. Appreciate the advice.