SergeantGammon

Simple Lua Macros Overhead

Hi everyone, I've been wanting an overhead for a while, unfortunately I can't afford the proper ones at the moment so I want to create a really simple, cheap overhead by using a couple of keyboards, and the help of Lua Macros and AutoHotkey. Trouble is, I have no clue on where to start with Lua or AutoHotkey, as my only programming experience is a few useless Python scripts.

I am hoping to have two keyboards for the 777 overhead, and two for the 737, that I'll be able to swap depending on the aircraft.

Any help is appreciated.

Cheers

Jake

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

On 05/02/2017 at 6:27 PM, SergeantGammon said:

Hi everyone, I've been wanting an overhead for a while, unfortunately I can't afford the proper ones at the moment so I want to create a really simple, cheap overhead by using a couple of keyboards, and the help of Lua Macros and AutoHotkey. Trouble is, I have no clue on where to start with Lua or AutoHotkey, as my only programming experience is a few useless Python scripts.

I am hoping to have two keyboards for the 777 overhead, and two for the 737, that I'll be able to swap depending on the aircraft.

Any help is appreciated.

Cheers

Jake

Hi Jake,

What you are proposing is fairly simple if you are using stock FSX aircraft as all the simulator events are mappable. It gets harder with addon aircraft which often use there own code (local variables or Lvars). A registered version if FSUIPC gives you access to all of the FSX events and there is a program called LINDA which is a freeware addon which makes FSUIPC more user friendly.

Hope this helps

Stinger