JohnsonPBX

SKCL ERR: 02 RWY N/A

Hello guys,

I hope you can give me a hand with this. Tonight I was trying to do a flight from my hometown (SKCL) to Bogota (SKBO), but when I entered the origin airport's ICAO code on the RTE page I received the "SKCL ERR: 02 RWY N/A" on the FMC's scratchpad. I had never seen this before, so I can't figure out why I could be receiving it. I checked the airport's procedures on the AIRAC folder (1702) and they are programmed for runway 2 indeed.

As a sidenote, my hometown airport's runway numbers were changed one month ago from 01/19 to 02/20. As I have an old scenery that still has them as 01/19, I suppose this could be the cause, but I'm not sure if the FMC relies entirely on Navigraph's AIRAC information or also takes into account the airport's AFCAD / runway configuration files (if any).

On the RTE page, if I enter runway 01 the plane does recognize it and displays it on the ND, but when I go to the DEP/ARR page it shows empty, as the procedures are programmed for runways 02/20. I read something in the introduction about Pete Dowson's MakeRwys but am not entirely sure how it works, nor do I know how to manually change runway numbers so they can be visible in the simulator.

Can anyone please give me advice? It would be much appreciated!

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

UPDATE: In case anyone experiences this, I was able to solve the problem (my mistake to not have researched beforehand!).

I just deleted the file "ARPT_RWY.dat" locaed in FSX/PMDG/NAVDATA. Once either aircraft is loaded it will automatically create this file again. Then I ran Pete Dowson's MakeRwys, and now the FMC properly displays procedures for runways 02/20.