Sign in to follow this  
Chok

FPS drop after about 4 hours.

Hello

I’ve been a bit curious to where I should post this because I am not a 100% sure if it is the 747, P3D, my hardware or something fourth that is causing it. So i've decided to try and start here.

I’m seeing this consistent frame drop when flying long hauls. After about 4-5 hours into the flight the FPS suddenly drop to around 20-25ish in the VC, the drop also appears in the external view and takes it down by approximately the same %. Over the course of writing this post my FPS have dropped from around 20-25ish to a steady 17ish and I suspect it will keep going down. My usual FPS is around 40-45 in the cruise in the 747 V3, with about 35ish on the ground at Aerosoft EDDF. I’ve seen the issue three times in 747 V3(the 3 long hauls I’ve done) and I THINK I’ve seen it in the 777 once a while ago but I am not a 100% sure so I’ll test that at a later point.

I’ve attempted to close Ezdok and AS16, plus creating a clear sky envirorement, none of that helped. If I go ahead and restart my sim everything is back up and running as normal.

It’s a bit hard to test the issue because it requires you to be airborne for at least 4 hours until it triggers, so I will keep testing and report my findings, I just hope someone else can say they’ve seen something similar or know a solution.

I’m suspecting this could have something to do with hardware throttling but none of my hardware(CPU/GPU) are exceeding their limits on clock rates or temperatures, not even in overcast conditions. I usually monitor it even though there is no problem just out of interest and I have a log showing 20 minutes back all the time, which I immediately checked after the FPS drop happened. According to that beside my GPU temp and Fanspeed going down a little bit then everything else remained the same (GPU usage, CPU usage, CPU Temp etc) as in what it was prior to the FPS drop.

I noticed that when it happened around 4 hours and 20 minutes into the flight, that I went from a consistent VAS of 3.3GB to a vas of around 3.6GB where 3.3 had been consistent within 20-30MB since unloading Aerosoft Frankfurt on the departure.

System: 4790K (OC: 4.4ghz) – GTX 1080 376.33 – 16gig 2133hz ram – MSI Z97 Gaming 7 – Windows 10 64bit – Samsung 840 EVO 250gb.

Addons: P3D V3.4 HF3, AS16, Ezdok V1, Orbx Vector, Global, OpenLC Europe, Rex texture direct, Rex soft clouds, Numerous scenery addons, GSX, FSUIPC free edition PMDG 747 V3 (+ numerous other aircraft).

All addons are updated to the latest versions which all were updated this Saturday (Feb 11 2017)

Update: i noticed in my windows logbook that i got a warning and an error about the same time as the FPS drop i dont know if it is related. I went through the logbook and found that on the 5th of Feb 2017 (last time i did a long haul) i received the same error and warning prior to the FPS drop.

I got a warning saying the following (translated from Danish so might not be exactly the same on the English version if windows)

The maximum size for the session “eventlog-airspacechannel” is reached, As a result from here on actions might be lost (Wont be logged) for the file C:\WINDOWS\System32\Winevt\Logs\AirSpaceChannel.etl” The maximum filesize are at the moment set to 1048576 byte:

Followed by an error saying (again translated)

The session “eventlog-airspacechannel” was eneded due to the following error: 0xC0000188

Source: Kernel-eventTracing

Frederik Pedersen

You are not alone. Infact i dont think the most of us have the same great FPS on takeoff vs. on approach. And NEVER flights beyond 3 hours.

I am curios if its related to Windows or just a week platform not designed for longhauls.

PS

Please notice VAS upon landing. I have so far best result with +500mb free

Thanks Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

You are not alone. Infact i dont think the most of us have the same great FPS on takeoff as on approach. And NEVER flights beyond 3 hours.

I am curios if its relatedto Windows or just a week platform not designed for longhauls.

Thanks Michael Moe

I completely agree that FPS usually is a bit lower on approach compared to the departure no matter how long the flight is.

But from 40 to 17 just out of nothing must be some specific (i hope :D)

Frederik Pedersen