Sign in to follow this  
Victoroos

Clouds, render distance and impact

HI all

I just got a new 1070 card, and trying out and playing with some settings, that used to be unreachable due to my sweet 760 (still love you ;))

One fo them is clouds, it is so nice to actually maintain 30 fps in full overcast instead of 12, haha.

But view distance of clouds always bothered me, a hard line of where clouds stop..

So, what do you guys recommend, using AS16, ASCA, quite low res (512)(VAS and hey, fps still!)

what are good settings? I see different recommendations (Robs e.g. live cockpit etc)

How far can we go? Are clouds more gpu or CPU?

vkr

Victor

Victor Roos

I also have a 1070 card now...and I found the performance of REX soft clouds better compared to ASCA. I use 32bit textures there, view distance 90 miles. So far, I always was able to get 30fps with this setting.

Thomas