Sign in to follow this  
507Roxy

FMC FIX Page Long/Lat

Yes but if you can enter  them on the T7's fix  page (which you  can I do it all the time) same should hold for the NGX or 747 you would think  because a boeing is a boeing but I guess not.

The various properties of the newer B737NG & B777 FMS vs the B744 FMS were discussed further up the thread.

You have to appreciate that the B744 first entered operational service at the end of the 1980s, the NG & the T7 were still just engineers dreams & not even on paper.  The level of navigational accuracy that the newer twins are capable of flying now was not even conceivable then.

So no not all Boeings are the same.

As I stated earlier, is more than one way to skin a cat, LATLON entries are much more long winded & complex & more susceptible to error than a time in ZULU which like the flight is dynamic & is subject to change due to many influencing factors once airborne.

There is better discussion of the B744 & long range operations here:

http://www.avsim.com/topic/501026-southern-routes747-etopslrops/

Steve Bell

"Wise men talk because they have something to say.  Fools talk because they have to say something." - Plato (latterly attributed to Saul Bellow)

The most useful tool on the AVSIM Fora ... 'Mark forum as read'