Sign in to follow this  
Joned

FSX Nav Log altitudes

Are the default FSX Nav Log (IFR and VFR) altitudes where one should be at that given wavepoint ?

The more wavepoints I add to the flight plan the more detailed the altitudes become, especially nearing the destination airport. Sometime's changing by only a few feet ! How accurate is this in reality ? An example might be - altitude 1,937 ft. Although I do find this a convenient way of deciding what height to fly, I notice that sometimes when approaching the destination (either airport or STAR) there is a sudden and drastic altitude change called for. I'm sure in reality a few brown paper bags would be needed by the passengers !

By the way - I like to practice flying published RNAV, STAR's and SID's so I use G-Plan to work them out, and add them to the 'enroute' flight plan then export to FSX. It works great except of course it is exported as a completed flight plan (including the STAR / SID) so I can't change anything when airborne, but it's still better than using the default ATC radio because that always moves me away from my flight plan (which made the effort of creating it in the first place pointless) !

Happy flying to you all...

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!