Sign in to follow this  
av8t0r

Windows 10 64bit 1607 Update deactivated FSX

Update for Windows 10 Pro 64 to 1607 went smoothly yesterday...just had to reinstall DisplayLink driver.  Started testing various apps...found the update had de-activated FSX.  Tried a repair...fails with InstallShield error...usually 1628.  Tried an uninstall...Accel Pack uninstalled but FSX failed with fail to load uninstall helper DLL error.  Accel Pack will not reinstall as it says FSX has to be activated. 

FSX will still launch and work but will shut down in 30 minutes as expected since it has been deactivated. Nothing I have found on the Internet has worked.  As you can imagine...many years of add-ons.  Almost at the point to clean the registry of all FSX related entries.  I do have P3D and started migrating a few weeks ago but all aircraft and add-ons not available for P3D yet...but most of the critical things have had P3D versions or migrated successfully.

Anyone seen this issue with FSX...any recommended fixes?

Dean Taunton, PE/EE

Update for Windows 10 Pro 64 to 1607 went smoothly yesterday...just had to reinstall DisplayLink driver.  Started testing various apps...found the update had de-activated FSX.  Tried a repair...fails with InstallShield error...usually 1628.  Tried an uninstall...Accel Pack uninstalled but FSX failed with fail to load uninstall helper DLL error.  Accel Pack will not reinstall as it says FSX has to be activated. 

FSX will still launch and work but will shut down in 30 minutes as expected since it has been deactivated. Nothing I have found on the Internet has worked.  As you can imagine...many years of add-ons.  Almost at the point to clean the registry of all FSX related entries.  I do have P3D and started migrating a few weeks ago but all aircraft and add-ons not available for P3D yet...but most of the critical things have had P3D versions or migrated successfully.

Anyone seen this issue with FSX...any recommended fixes?

Dean Taunton, PE/EE

What kind of DLL errors you got? Can you show me the full error message? Or just take a screenshot of it!

Launching the FSX Gold DVD only provides two options...if I launch Repair it will fail with Error 1605 - action only available for installed products.  If I choose Remove it will fail with a Failed to load DLL:GameuxInstallHelper.dll .

Resolved,,,well it took several steps...has to search and manually delete and Microsoft Flight Simulator entry in the registry related specifically to fsx.exe.  This allowed the Remove to work with FSX DVD.Then reinstalled FSX and activated successfully.  Then installed Accel Pack and launched FSX...got the validation error again.  went into the registry and looked for the UpperFilters setting in the FSX key 4D36E967-E325-11CE0BFC1-08002BE10318 and modified it...deleted the prtmgr and re-typed PartMgr and restarted FSX...the activation window appeared immediately, entered the product key and it activated successfully.  This was a 24 hour pain...but all is back to normal after the 1607 update.