Sign in to follow this  
ComSimPilot

Joined XP11 - my initial impressions

Thank you again guys for your replies! :) I very much appreciate it.

Probably I should hit the breaks now, cause I couldn't resist enough and bought both Flight Factor 757/767 series to complete my Boeing series aircraft in P3D. I am very impressed by the quality of the cockpit and the systems simulation. Being biased by he PMDG standard I was quite afraid if Flight Factor is at the same level, but reading the reviews seems to be the case. I think I won't regret it and I can now do all these 757 and 767 flights I couldn't do in P3D. I have Quality Wings 757 in P3D but they don't compare in any case. Both in visuals and systems, so I had parked it for a long time. I like to do flights from A to B following the manuals and need to know that if I do something wrong the aircraft will behave like the real one and not allow me to cheat.

Andre, thank you very much for the suggestion. I'll try these plugins you propose for sure :)

pilot83, also thank you very much for the links! Freeware in xPlane is really good quality.

alpha12125, thank you for the info, I didn't know what's next for the SAAB. When the new extensive upgrade come maybe I'll find myself again in the no-resist position :) The SAAB seems indeed very beautiful. The only reason I don't try it for now is because I don't see real operators I am interested nt and I usually like to copy real flights in the sim.

wiler, I share the same experiences. XP11 is a different sim, has a fresh air to me which I enjoy very much. I don't have all the scenery add-ons that I have on P3D, but the default scenery is much more immersive.

To me, I have to live in both sims, cause my P3D add-ons are so extensive after all these years. And a lot of money invested there. Beyond that, my P3D aircraft don't live in XP. So yes, both sims have their masterpieces.

Simulators: Prepar3D v5 Academic | X-Plane 1111.50+ | DCS  World  Open Beta MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe | 
PC Hardware: Dell U3417W Intel i9 10900K | msi RTX 2080 Ti  Gaming X Trio msi MPG Z490 Gaming Edge Wifi | G.Skill 32GB 3600Mhz CL16 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus+860 EVO+850 EVO x 1TB, Western Digital Black Caviar Black x 6 TB Corsair RM1000i Corsair H115i Platinum Fractal Design Define S2 Gunmetal |
Flight Controls: Fulcrum One Yoke Virpil VPC WarBRD Base Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM Grip, Thrustmaster Warthog+F/A-18C Grip Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals | Virtual Fly TQ6+Throttle Quadrant | Sismo B737 Max Gear Lever | TrackIR 5Monsterteck Desk Mounts |
My fleet catalog: Link