N1G

ssd after reinstall of OS (win7)

Hello out there. Hope all is well with everyone.

I was cruising along with my new z170, 6700k, 1070 and a patriot ignite m.2 480 when the win 10 boot disk failed. So I removed that HD and used my other HD, which was active at the time as the primary boot disk. What I had to do was install windows 7 because my win 10 OS was a free upgrade from win7 at the time (6 months ago). Now the SSD, although visible in the bios and in Device Manager, it is NOT visible in the disk manager. I have not a clue what to do. I can follow directions though:blink: if anyone has any ideas

Thanks Much

Bob

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

On 3/24/2017 at 7:43 PM, N1G said:

Hello out there. Hope all is well with everyone.

I was cruising along with my new z170, 6700k, 1070 and a patriot ignite m.2 480 when the win 10 boot disk failed. So I removed that HD and used my other HD, which was active at the time as the primary boot disk. What I had to do was install windows 7 because my win 10 OS was a free upgrade from win7 at the time (6 months ago). Now the SSD, although visible in the bios and in Device Manager, it is NOT visible in the disk manager. I have not a clue what to do. I can follow directions though:blink: if anyone has any ideas

Thanks Much

Bob

I added Win7 SP1 and problem solved.