Sign in to follow this  
jhproffitt

Entering a fix as a waypoint in the FMC

Apologies in advance if this has been covered before...

I am trying to enter a Place/Bearing/Distance fix from a runway as a waypoint in the FMC.

I created a Place/Bearing/Distance entry on the FIX page which is on the 225 radial from runway 04L at a distance of 10 miles. The bearing line and distance ring both show on the map display.

I understood from another post here that the data from the FIX page cannot be line selected directly into the scratchpad, so I keyed RW04L225/10 into the scratchpad manually.

When I attempt to line select that data into the LEGS page, I get a "NOT IN DATA BASE" error.

I have read through several posts and sections of the FCOM about entering temporary nav data into the FMC, but haven't had any luck figuring that out.

Am I trying to do something impossible here or am I just missing some steps?

Thanks in advance,

Jesse Proffitt

14 hours ago, jhproffitt said:

Disregard...I think I got my answer. Apparently this feature is not available at present on the NGX.

Jesse Proffitt

Actually this simulation does have that feature but what is missing is the RW04 definition from the navdata.  Some GPS/GNSS approaches define a RW fix and in those cases this method will work.  If the fix isn't defined in the sidstar file for that location then it cannot be used, the global fix definition file is certainly not going to have such an item.

Perhaps there is another fix already in the terminal procedures that you can take advantage of? 

Dan Downs KCRP