Sign in to follow this  
moss1

I want to add AI to my system

Hey everyone. After years of simming, the only thing I have never done was to add AI. How easy is this? I want them to appear at all my airports in the USA. Mainly around Rhode Island, Boston, Miami, NY, Seattle, and Portland. Can someone tell me in order, what I need to do to get this up and running quickly? I only have default AI set to 20% as it hogs my system. I hear the models out there are better than the default. I am tired of emtpy lifeless airports. Thanks for all of your help in advance. Best regards, Jeff

i started with Ultimate Traffic, and enjoyed that. Then found new models from projectai, aiaardvark, fspainter, etc. and used the handy program that UT comes with to replace the default models that ships with the addon.Then I started adding new plans with the utility but finally figured out how to do it all myself and havent looked back since. Id recommend Ultimate Traffic if you are not familiar with how to add AI yourself. It is great and from what Ive heard the schedules are pretty realistic.then you can search the library here for great fspainter, aardvark, evolveai, jbai etc repaints to replace the models with better looking and better framerate friendly ones.Enjoy, adding Ai to me has taken up almost as much time as flying!edit: but be careful, even with a powerful system, lots of ai traffic will hog all the resources and slow the game down.

Hey Alex, Thanks alot for the advice. As far as my system goes, it's only a AMD 2800xp 2.1ghz , Nvidia6800GT AGP, Win2000pro. Modest at best for todays standards. If ultimate traffic can perform better than just the default, and I can have alot more traffic than I have now, that will be great. I just looked at a dual core AMD 4200 system last night with the Nvidia6100, 2000mhz FSB. Wish I had the extra funds to get it yesterday. Best regards, Jeff