Sign in to follow this  
Basti0071

FS9 Target Frame Rate changes automatically

Hi Folks,

Just wanted to ask you something about a strange behavior I regognize since some time.

I keep my upper framerate locked in FS9 by tuning it to 30fps in the settings. But, after one or maybe a few flights, FS9 tunes the target frame rate by itself to lets say 29, or 28. Changing it back to 30 does the job, but the next time I start FS9......... and so on.

This is not a huge problem but it annoys me because I'd like to keep these 30fps for V-Sync reasons.

Any ideas?

Thank you & regards

Sebastian

Sometimes using the slider for frame rates in "Settings" I can't hit 30 exactly, but will get 29 or 31 instead.  Not sure if this is what you are getting, but I have never has the frame rate setting change arbitrarily.  I don't know if 31 instead of 30 makes any difference technically, but supposedly 30 fps is the native frame rate for fs9.  The difference between 30 and 60 fps is most noticeable to me in panning in the 3D cockpit.  It puzzles me that modern cheap computers aren't able to manage fourteen-year-old software today.

2 hours ago, forkedtail said:

It puzzles me that modern cheap computers aren't able to manage fourteen-year-old software today.

Or is it the other way round??!!

I have my frames locked at 60 but they always display at 59.x - never at the 60 I have set.

Dijvid

Thank you for your replies! 

It is not that I can't set it properly to exact 30. Even if I set it through fs9.cfg it will constantly change this entry. 

By the way, this is happening after several re installs on different operating systems. 

Very strange ☺️

EDIT 

If set to 30 or 60 or whatever I also get that 29.x thing. But that's OK for me.